Welcome to St Johns
- Our services and other activities for Advent and Christmas are now available on our dedicated web page. Highlights include Carol Services at 5pm on 28 November (for Advent), on 12 December (on the Common) and 19 December (Nine Lessons) and Beer and Carols at the Engineer on Wednesday 15th at 8pm. Our Nativity Play is on Sunday 19th at 9:30am, and the day before we have a Christmas Holiday Club. On Christmas Eve we have Walking to Bethlehem at 3pm (ideal for children) and Midnight Mass at 11:30pm. Our Christmas Day services are at 8am and 9:30am.
- Read the Rev'd Tim's Pastoral Letter setting out our current arrangements to manage Covid-19 transmission risks in Church; we ask that everyone wears a mask when moving round church and singing and respect the social distancing wants of others; we keep the Church well ventilated, and have inside congregational hymn singing - more on our current arrangements page.
We are again an in-Church and Online Church ♦ We meet in-Church and online using (YouTube) for Parish Eucharist on Sundays at 9:30am (our Calendar entry has the details), followed by Coffee Time ♦ On the first Sunday of the Month, the 9:30am is an All Age Service and we have a second Communion Service at 8am ♦ Once a month we have a short family friendly service at 4pm on a Sunday (our Calendar has dates) ♦ Mid Week Communion is at 11am on Wednesdays ♦ Morning Prayer is Mondays to Thursdays at 9:30am in Church and using Zoom ♦ Evening Prayer is Mondays to Thursdays at 5pm in Church ♦ Church is open Monday to Thursday & Saturday from 10am to 5pm and Sunday from 10:30am to 5pm ♦ Online content includes: Harvest edition of our Parish Magazine | YouTube Channel ♦ Get updates through our Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram.
See our Calendar for details; highlights include:
- Sunday 9:30am Parish Eucharist, followed by 'Zoom' Coffee
- Morning & Evening prayer Mon/Thu at 8:30am/5pm
- Holy Communion Wed at 11am
St John’s Church, Harpenden is a friendly, Anglican church set on the edge of the Common in the Southdown area of Harpenden. We have a fairly traditional but relaxed style of worship, and our all-age worshipping community aims to live out and share God’s love with those around us. We offer a warm welcome to all, and our website sets out the services and activities that take place at St John’s.