Welcome to St Johns
- Junior Church has now recommenced, meeting once a month at 9:30am on the second Sunday of the month - more on our Children and young people page.
- The Summer edition of our Parish Magazine is now available.
- May newsletter: This has now been published - you can read it here - and subscribe to it (and our weekly newsletter) here.
- Covid update: We want to assure everyone that we are following the Government's and the Church of England's guidance.
- We are again called to the importance of taking good care of one another and we are committed to that here at St John's.
- We do not require mask wearing at St John’s. However, we do encourage them in crowded areas, such as during communion or when arriving and departing Church. Seats are set aside for those who wish to remain socially distanced and wear masks throughout the service. Please do leave this space for those who would like to make use of this.
- More on our current arrangements page.
We are again mainly in-Church, with some services online as well; our regular service pattern includes: ♦ 8am Communion on Sundays ♦ 9:30am Parish Eucharist on Sundays which is also live-streamed using YouTube (our Calendar entry has the details), followed by Coffee Time; on the first Sunday of the Month, it is usually an All Age Service and on the second Sunday we have Junior Church ♦ Once a month we have a short family friendly service at 4pm on a Sunday (our Calendar has dates) ♦ Mid Week Communion is at 10:30am on Wednesdays ♦ Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer is Mondays to Thursdays at 9:30am and 5pm (respectively) in Church ♦ Church is open every day during the day time ♦ Online content includes: Summer 2022 edition of our Parish Magazine | YouTube Channel ♦ Get updates through our Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram.
See our Calendar for details; highlights include:
- Sunday 9:30am Parish Eucharist, followed by Coffee
- Morning & Evening prayer Mon to Thu at 9:30am/5pm
- Wed 10:30am: Midweek Eucharist
St John’s Church, Harpenden is a friendly, Anglican church set on the edge of the Common in the Southdown area of Harpenden. We have a fairly traditional but relaxed style of worship, and our all-age worshipping community aims to live out and share God’s love with those around us. We offer a warm welcome to all, and our website sets out the services and activities that take place at St John’s.