Welcome to St Johns
- Read the Rev'd Tim's Pastoral Letter (of 4 October) setting out our current arrangements to manage Covid-19 transmission risks in Church; we ask that everyone wears a mask when moving round church and singing and respect the social distancing wants of others; we keep the Church well ventilated, and have inside congregational hymn singing; after the service we have returned to in-person Coffee Time in the Church Hall - more on our current arrangements page.
- News of the start of the Reverend Tim Vickers as our new Vicar is in the Herts Advertiser; the live stream of his licensing the service remains available; or read our original announcement.
- Tim leads us on both Saturday Prayer Walks (at 10am from 9 October) and in our weekly Day of Prayer (Thursdays from 7 October). Details in the relevant calendar entries.
We are again an in-Church and Online Church ♦ We meet in-Church and online using (YouTube) for Parish Eucharist on Sundays at 9:30am (our Calendar entry has the details), followed by Coffee Time ♦ On the first Sunday of the Month, the 9:30am is an All Age Service and we have a second Communion Service at 8am ♦ Once a month we have a short family friendly service at 4pm on a Sunday (our Calendar has dates) ♦ Mid Week Communion is at 11am on Wednesdays ♦ Morning Prayer is Mondays to Thursdays at 9:30am in Church and using Zoom ♦ Evening Prayer is Mondays to Thursdays at 5pm in Church ♦ Church is open for private prayer on on Wednesdays (9am - 5:30pm) and Saturdays and Sundays (11am - 4pm) ♦ Online content includes: Harvest edition of our Parish Magazine | YouTube Channel ♦ Get updates through our Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram ♦ Look for the first time (or again) at our Holy Week Chalking for Easter as a YouTube video or via our image gallery ♦ More on our current arrangements page.
See our Calendar for details; highlights include:
- Sunday 9:30am Parish Eucharist, followed by 'Zoom' Coffee
- Morning & Evening prayer Mon/Thu at 8:30am/5pm
- Holy Communion Wed at 11am
St John’s Church, Harpenden is a friendly, Anglican church set on the edge of the Common in the Southdown area of Harpenden. We have a fairly traditional but relaxed style of worship, and our all-age worshipping community aims to live out and share God’s love with those around us. We offer a warm welcome to all, and our website sets out the services and activities that take place at St John’s.