Welcome to St Johns
- The Harvest edition of our Parish Magazine is now available.
- Following the removal of Goverment Covid-19 restrictions on Services and other gatherings, we have concluded that we will retain mask wearing and social distancing during services; we will keep the Church well ventilated and restart inside congregational hymn singing - more on our current arrangements page.
- The Reverend Tim Vickers, our new Vicar, was Licensed on Sunday 12 September; the live stream of the service remains available (read our original announcement).
We are again an in-Church and Online Church ♦ We meet in-Church and online using (YouTube) for Parish Eucharist on Sundays at 9:30am (our Calendar entry has the details) ♦ On the first Sunday of the Month we have a second Communion Service at 11am ♦ Once a month we have a short family friendly service at 4pm on a Sunday (our Calendar has dates) ♦ Mid Week Communion is at 11am on Wednesdays ♦ Morning Prayer is Mondays to Thursdays at 8:30am in Church and using Zoom ♦ Evening Prayer is Mondays to Thursdays at 5pm in Church ♦ Church is open for private prayer on on Wednesdays (9am - 5:30pm), Saturdays (11am - 4pm) & Sundays (10:30am to 4pm) ♦ Online content includes: Parish Magazine | YouTube Channel ♦ Get updates through our Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram ♦ Look for the first time (or again) at our Holy Week Chalking for Easter as a YouTube video or via our image gallery ♦ More on our current arrangements page.
See our Calendar for details; highlights include:
- Sunday 9:30am Parish Eucharist, followed by 'Zoom' Coffee
- Morning & Evening prayer Mon/Thu at 8:30am/5pm
- Holy Communion Wed at 11am
St John’s Church, Harpenden is a friendly, Anglican church set on the edge of the Common in the Southdown area of Harpenden. We have a fairly traditional but relaxed style of worship, and our all-age worshipping community aims to live out and share God’s love with those around us. We offer a warm welcome to all, and our website sets out the services and activities that take place at St John’s.