St John's - History; the Church Hall and this web site

Topics on this page: History | Church Hall | Health & Safety | This website

HistoryFlowers at St John's

The present St John's Church dates back to 1908 (read about our history and our Centenary celebrations) and succeeded an earlier building known as the "Paper Church".

From the earliest days, St John's has always been rooted firmly in the sacramental tradition and was one of the first Churches in the Diocese to adopt the Parish Communion as its principal Sunday service.

Church Hall

St John's has a Church Hall.  It is in regular use by Church Groups and external organisations; we are not currently taking further regular bookings because of high levels of use.  

Health & Safety

St John's PCC adopted a formal Health & Safety Policy in the Summer of 2012. This can be read here (PDF file).

This web site

This web site was launched in the spring of 2003. It is dedicated in memory of Alastair Simpson, who died in early 2003.

The web site was largely created with these tools - Coffee Cup HTML Editor 9.5, Coffee Cup Stylesheet Maker, Sausage Software HotDog PageWiz, Serif Photoplus 8.0 and a Canon Ixus V camera.

Full contact details can be found on the Contact Us page; a map is also available.

The Church address is:

St John The Baptist Church
St John's Road

01582 712776

We publish papers for our annual meeting on this web site.

Away from St John's
(External links)

St George the Martyr, Newbury


St John's Church PCC [Registered with the Charity Commissioners for England and Wales (1131603)]
© 2007 - 2017 | Email